An initial survey of tourism businesses and organisations took place between November 2018 and January 2019. The survey was carried out by a respected market research company, STR who have huge experience in the tourism industry.
More than 130 responses were received from the electronic survey, a further 44 people took part in focus groups, with 12 ‘depth interviews’ also conducted.
The initial survey confirmed there was sufficient support for a Tourism Business Improvement District among the region’s businesses and established key priority areas for tourism development in Moray Speyside:
Tourism Businesses told us …
- That Marketing the visitor offer was the key priority
- They wanted an organisation which would help deliver a better visitor experience
- They wanted a collective tourism voice and advocacy
- They wanted help and advice on extending the visitor season and improving the night-time economy,
- They wanted an organisation to provide support for Events and Festivals
- They wanted training, advice and support to help deal with digital and online challenges and opportunities
You can download a PDF summary of the initial survey results HERE
Informed by the results of the survey, a series of consultation events took place across out across Moray Speyside in July to further test and develop our thinking.
A further series of events will take place towards the end of August in advance of the draft business plan being published.
If you would like to discuss the Tourism Business Improvement District project, just get in touch with us either by phone or email.